As a small business owner, you’ve got a lot of work to do. So it makes sense to stick to one or two social media platforms. Make sure the platform you choose is the one that your customers are already using. Or you could be wasting your time and effort.
You can use social media to promote your business in several ways…
- tell your customers about new and existing products and services
- encourage customers to give you online reviews
- keep in touch with customers and make them feel listened to and appreciated
This is a big topic with a lot of opportunities for your small business. But it can also be a good way for you to waste a lot of time and money. Luckily MOZ have a comprehensive guide in web page format and in PDF format.
Don’t forget you’re not using social media for fun. You’re engaging with your customers to promote your business and increase brand awareness.
There are a lot of platforms to choose from, here are some of the most popular.
- Facebook is used by all generations
- LinkedIn is a great way to connect with other businesses and professionals.
- Twitter attracts a youngish audience.
- Instagram has a primary audience of millennials and teens.
- Snapchat’s main audience is teenagers.
There are many good guides to get you started learning about marketing your business using social media. The links below are just the tip of the iceberg. My advice would be to find out where your customers hang out online, then learn as much as you can about that platform.
Don’t overdo it, you can quickly waste a lot of time without getting the results you hoped for. So try different tactics and see what works for you and your customers.